#WeekendWisdom 008 Cyber Essentials
Welcome to #WeekendWisdom number 8. This week we’re going to talk about Cyber Essentials.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Well if you have been paying attention, over the last 6 weeks, we have actually covered off the requirements for the cyber essentials certification which is something that comes from the National Cyber Security Centre in the UK.
And it is a basic set of requirements for businesses to be able to adhere to and if they showed they can adhere to those they can get certified to show they are reasonably secure. They are basic requirements but having them will make you more secure than not having them, which is kind of obvious.
So we have covered off from #WeekendWisdom number 2 through to #WeekendWisdom number 7:
- Securing your internet connection (#WeekendWisdom 4)
- Controlling access to your data and services (#WeekendWisdom 6)
- Securing your devices and software (#WeekendWisdom 5)
- Protecting against viruses and other malware (#WeekendWisdom 2 & #WeekendWisdom 7)
- Keeping your devices and software up-to-date (#WeekendWisdom 3)
So these 5 subjects are really important.
So if you do those things right you will be in great shape. But it is a basic set of requirements and we will cover off in more detail some other requirements which will really help to make your business more secure.
So that’s it for this week.
Let’s be careful out there and we’ll talk to you again next week.