The Ten Commandments of Cyber Security
Click on the links for a summary and detail of each commandment.
- Thou shalt keep all of thy software and apps up-to-date with automatic updates.
- Thou shalt have Anti-virus software installed, updated and active.
- Thou shalt have a firewall in place on thine Desktop/Laptop as well as thine internet connection.
- Thou shalt always backup thy data and regularly check its integrity.
- Thou shalt cast aside e-mails from strangers and not open attachments/click links they may send you. (Corollary: Thou shalt never open an unexpected file/link from thine family, friends or colleagues)
- Thou shalt encrypt all data stored on thine mobile devices.
- Thou shalt use two factor authentication on any account that provides the facility.
- Thou shalt never reveal thine password for any account to anyone.
- Thou shalt never insert nor allow to be inserted, a USB memory stick that thy hath never had complete control of since it was removed from its packaging.
- Thou shalt only use the official app store for apps.
For more information, please visit our website.