Did you know that malicious software gets past commercial, enterprise grade anti-virus and e-mail filtering products on a worryingly regular basis?
Firewalls and Anti-virus packages lure people into a false sense of security. While they do provide protection up to a point, if somebody opens an e-mail attachment that contains new malicious software, these protections are effectively useless.
Cyber incidents, most notably Ransomware attacks have seen massive increases recently. 93% of contaminated e-mails in Quarter 1 2016 have carried a Ransomware payload (source – PhishMe Q1 2016 Malware review). 30% of people that receive evil e-mails open them and 12% of those that do, then open attachments or click on links (source – Verizon 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report).
These statistics highlight the fact that a significant weak link in any organisation, where it comes to using the internet and e-mail, are THE STAFF, but it’s not their fault as they may not have the necessary awareness of the risks.
The best protection to cover this gap are staff that are aware of what the threats are and how they manifest themselves. Once they are armed with the knowledge of what to look out for and how to protect themselves, they will be much less likely to cause a security breach.
The training which L2 Cyber Security Solutions provide is probably the most comprehensive on offer in the country. Other providers only focus on protecting e-mail usage, whereas we make the learner aware of other threats such as Malvertising, Social Engineering and WiFi Eavesdropping. We also have a well-received section on how to create unique and strong passwords, as well as covering mobile device best practices all in one course.
The purpose of this programme is to equip the learner with the knowledge and skill to identify threats on the internet, thus raising their awareness and to take steps to protect themselves from these threats.
- Learn what threats there are.
- Spot Social Engineering in action.
- Identify malicious e-mail.
- Acquire safe web browsing practices.
- Learn good computer & mobile device practices.
- Create strong and unique passwords.
- Learn the 10 Commandments of good Cyber Security.
An interactive workshop, with individual and group participation in discussing Cyber Security.
People who have access to and utilise the internet and e-mail, whether for business or personal purposes, as part of their day-to-day activities.
A basic understanding of Internet browsing and e-mail usage is a prerequisite.
- A copy of the Security Awareness Training slide deck.
- A copy of the exercise on good/bad e-mail.
- Handouts with details on:
- Password tips
- Two Factor Authentication tips
- The Ten Commandments of Cyber Security
- An evaluation sheet.
- A follow up e-mail with a softcopy of the “Ten Commandments of Cyber Security”, which has clickable links to the relevant detail for each commandment on the L2 Cyber Security Solutions Blog.
Contact us for more information: