- This event has passed.
GDPR – One Year on!
December 4, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Outline of Seminar
With the GDPR in force for over a year, the largest amount of complaints to the Data Protection Commission (DPC) arise from failures in respect of the individual’s rights, particularly the right of access. The GDPR has also seen a significant increase in the number of data breaches reported to the DPC, so the proper handling of those is crucial. This half day session will give small businesses the guidance they need to properly address such important issues, while also ensuring they carry out normal day-to-day activities (e.g. marketing) appropriately.
- A brief re-cap on the principles of the GDPR
- Are you handling the individual’s rights correctly?
- Dos and Don’ts of Email/SMS marketing
- Use of third party products for bulk emails (e.g. Mailchimp)
- The many different types of data breaches
- How to prepare for and handle a data breach